Watford City fun and recreation
The growing community of Watford City, North Dakota, is investing in recreational facilities to serve the influx of people from oil mining in the Bakken Formation.
Watford City Square is close to many things to do, including:
- Watford City Golf Club: 9-hole course with clubhouse
- Wild West Water Park: Swimming for all ages, hot tub, and water slides
- Six Shooters’ Showhall & Cafe: 2-screen movie theater
- Nature Park with fishing and picnicking areas along Cherry Creek
- Long X Trading Post visitor center and children's playground
- Multi-purpose arena hosting ice skating, riding and special events
- Community Rec Center with basketball, archery, racquetball, volleyball and events
Although greatly underserved to meet current demand, Watford City boasts an array of shopping, including electronics, fashion, grocery, liquor, and entertainment retailers.
Comfort food is served up at nearby restaurants like Outsider’s Bar & Grill, Twist Drive-In, and Outlaws’ Bar & Grill.
More retailers, bars, and restaurants are coming soon to Watford City Square.